Well! I decided to take Dr. Chapman’s “Love Languages Personal Profile for singles”. 🙂 Although I had not previously looked at what the languages were, I could immediately tell that there were three that were obvious. I just didn’t use the same name. I could see the person who needed small gifts or tokens all the time to feel loved. Oh brother. Then, I c0uld see another person who needed to touch and be touched. Jeez. Don’t get me wrong, as a Hispanic woman, I love personal closeness and touching, but too much of it and I will feel the person is very needy and insecure. Then, I could see the one who was just happy to have someone see that one needs help or has things/projects that need to be done, and take the initiative to do them without being asked- even when they don’t like to do these things. I could see before I finished the profile that this was who I was. I appreciate someone who can take the initiative to do something that he sees or knows that I need or want to be done. Even if he does not like yard work for instance, he will show up early one morning to start working on the yard without me even asking. This, to me, shows care, consideration, and another level of love which reaches beyond that of the romance. When I finished and calculated my scores, I had a 12 on the acts of services”-big surprise there, followed by an 8 in quality time”. I’ll try to give the other to my friend, James, even though I know what he “needs” or wants. I shall chat more on this soon.
Relationships and their issues
Issues of the single woman over 40
Past nuggets and chronicles
Blogs I Follow
- Follow Ok to be alone? on WordPress.com
I'm just starting out; leave me a comment or a like :)
Good things come to… on Good things come to those who… Jay Colby on A lover, a friend, a part… A friend, One day |… on A friend, One day Where do I find this… on Where do I find this thing cal… babybear65 on Still Single, and still over 4…
- But I’ve been Praying the Same Thing Forever!!!! July 21, 2018
- Butterflies are God’s Proof of Life’s Second Chance May 21, 2018
- How Sin is Separating me from God; Who am I? pt2 April 15, 2018
- How Sin is separating me from God; Who am I- pt 1 September 1, 2016
- Good things come to those who wait May 11, 2016
Relationships with addicts, issue for women, single and over 40, humor
- fighting temptation; weakness
- How do I recognize my soulmate?
- inspiration for "being alone?"
- Life struggles
- loss of a relationship
- negativity; cognitive distortion
- Prayer Life; Does God hear my Prayer
- who to go our with? How do I know him when I find him?